Welcome to Thero
We believe the world will be a better place when finding the right mental health resource is easy. Right now finding the right therapist, clinic or treatment center is hard.
Mental health and substance use problems are common.
- 1 in 5 people will develop a mental health disorder during their lifetime.
The process of seeking help is broken.
- It takes an average of 7-10 years for people to get help.
- 60% of people who say they need help for a mental health problem do not seek it.
- People often find the best marketing resource, not the right resource. For more on this see Reply All's "Pain Funnel." or John Oliver's "Rehab."
The cost of not getting the right help is too high.
- Suicide claims more lives than war, murder, and natural disasters combined.
- Over 95% of people who end their life have a mental health problem.
A Community for Providers | A Directory for the Public
We've built a comprehensive national Mental Health Resource Directory. Treatment providers can list their private practice, clinic, hospital, treatment center, psychiatric bed, crisis line, or advocacy org for free. Our team is adding resources everyday.
Be Collaborative. Be Innovative. Be Sustainable.
We believe in the value of community, diversity, truth, innovation and sustainability. If we're going to make it easy to find the right help, it will require a sustainable community of innovators.
We've built a comprehensive resource directory for Washington State. We'll use the directory in innovative ways that improve how people find help.
We have big things planned for Thero.org. The first step is to get reliable data on all the resources available in Washington. Then we plan to make it easy to see who is available to speak with you in this moment. We're currently working on a system that will make it easy to instantly connect with a therapist for a free consultation session to see if it's a good match.