Welcome to Thero
In Greek mythology, Thero was a nurse to the gods. In Eastern tradition, it’s a term given to wise monks. To us, a Thero is a wise caregiver. It's someone who knows how to connect the right person, to the right person, at the right time.
Right now it’s hard to find the right mental health resource. The world will be a better place when it is easy. We're on a mission to make connecting to the right mental health resource easy.
Mental health problems are common.
- 1 in 5 people will develop a mental health disorder during their lifetime.
The process of seeking help is broken.
- It takes an average of 7-10 years for people to get help.
- People often find the best marketing resource, not the right resource.
- 60% of people who say they need help for a mental health problem do not seek it.
The cost of not getting the right help is too high.
- Suicide claims more lives than war, murder, and natural disasters combined.
- Over 95% of people who end their life have a mental health problem.
A Community for Providers | A Directory for the Public
We've built a comprehensive national Mental Health Resource Directory. Treatment providers can list their private practice, clinic, hospital, treatment center, psychiatric bed, crisis line, or advocacy org for free.
Be Collaborative. Be Innovative. Be Sustainable.
We believe in the value of community, diversity, truth, innovation and sustainability. If we're going to make it easy to find the right help, it will require a sustainable community of innovators.
We've built a community of mental health providers and integrated it with the first comprehensive resource directory in the United States. We'll use the community and directory in innovative ways to make meaningful improvements to how people find help.
1) We've built the first comprehensive national mental health resource directory that empowers the public to:
- Search over 22,000 resources
- Order results by what providers recommend most
- Easily verify a provider's license
- Suggest a resource be added to the Directory
2) We built a community that empowers mental health providers to:
- Add a resource they own to the Directory
- Easily build a list of recommended resources
- Easily refer a client to another provider
3) We created the Crisis Therapy Project to improve crisis coordination.
- Partnered with 4 organizations
- Fielded a response for the attacks in Las Vegas, Parkland, Thousand Oaks, and Aurora.
- Secured a $50,000 grant for the project
We have big things planned for Thero.org. We're currently working on a system that will make it easy to instantly connect with a therapist for a free consultation session to see if it's a good match. If you have any questions about how Thero works contact our Tech Support team by emailing email@example.com.